Position Database Engineer on the Information Technology Team
Location New York, NY
Reporting To Head of Databases
Day-to-day tasks will revolve around maintaining databases, database servers, and database storage. There over 50 developers with varying degrees of SQL expertise, many of whom require a high level of expertise to complete their work and improve existing processes. Solutions are built using of best of class technologies, with the common expectation of an enterprise grade resiliency and performance.
- SQL Server administration (3+ Years);
- Strong foundation in query writing (TSQL)
- SQL Server performance tuning
- Query tuning
- Always on availability and clustering
- Replication Technologies (SQL Server and Storage based)
- Multidimensional databases (SSAS, OLAP)
- Some scripting and programming experience a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with various storage platforms
The successful candidate will be capable of collaborating with the broader IT team on the development and deployment of systems and solutions. Candidates must be able to take ownership of multiple tasks with minimal daily supervision, while balancing the work on those tasks with the work of the broader group. Successful candidates will also:
- Love technology;
- Be capable of strategic thought;
- Not be discouraged by complexity;
- Demonstrate self-confidence (not arrogance);
- Be capable of compromise;
- Have a helpful and accommodating disposition;
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Be capable of working independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during stressful situations; and
- Have a strong detail orientation; and
- Maintain the highest professional and ethical standards. BlueMountain has earned a reputation for honesty, professionalism, fair dealing and transparency in a highly competitive industry. We believe that this is a key element of our relentless pursuit of investment performance and our commitment to deliver on our promise and responsibility to our clients. Must commit to these values and uphold them at all times.
Competitive base salary, eligibility for annual bonus, and employer-paid health benefits.
Some of our Employee Benefits
- Fully-paid premiums for employees and their dependents for medical, dental, and vision benefits;
- 20+ days of annual paid time off in addition to firm holidays and floating holidays;
- Generous fully-paid parental leave and other parental benefits;
- 401(k) plan with annual firm contribution;
- Click here for more details.