Position/Title Systematic Equity Researcher
Hiring Company BlueMountain Capital Management, LLC
Location New York, NY
Hiring Company Description
At BlueMountain, we seek to build an enduring partnership that consistently meets the expectations of our investors.
We are a diversified alternative asset manager and use an interdisciplinary approach to identify opportunities stemming from artificial investor segmentation, behavioral biases and idiosyncratic events.
With a heritage in the credit markets, our multi-strategy platform now includes investments in credit, distressed, equity, structured finance & real estate as well as arbitrage and technical strategies.
We have over a decade of experience and $22 billion in firm assets under management across absolute return, private capital and customized single investor funds.
Today, approximately 240 global professionals operate in a culture of collaboration, transparency and intellectual integrity, striving every day to innovate and strengthen our capabilities.
The Systematic Equity investment is a fast growing business at BlueMountain. Systematic equity researcher has chance to get exposure to all aspects of quantitative equity investment.
• Conduct empirical research to identify signals predicting equity returns globally
• Identify and on-board new data sources, conduct exploratory data analysis and come up with innovative investment ideas
• Closely follow the finance literature and new development in empirical research methodology
• Get involved in daily portfolio management process, including model generation, optimization and trading
• Research methods to further optimize portfolio construction
• Present research in front of investment committee and clients
• PhD in Finance or Economics with quantitative focus, or related fields
• Demonstrated record of original empirical research with large datasets and solid knowledge of asset pricing literature
• Independent thinker with good economic intuition, can formulate and conduct empirical studies independently
• Familiarity with standard fundamental and market data such as Compustat, CRSP, I/B/E/S
• Strong quantitative skills and econometric knowledge, knowledge of NLP and machine learning - a plus.
• Sufficient programming skills and the ability to handle large datasets, experience with Python a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Hard-working, self-motivated with strong attention to detail
• Candidate must have the ability to successfully work autonomously as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Fully-paid premiums for you and your dependents for medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Generous fully-paid parental leave and concierge services
- 401K plan with firm contribution
Base and Bonus commensurate with experience.
Highest professional and ethical standards: BlueMountain has earned a reputation for honesty, professionalism, fair dealing and transparency in a highly competitive industry. We believe that this is a key element of our relentless pursuit of investment performance and our commitment to deliver on our promise and responsibility to our clients. Candidates must commit to these values and uphold them at all times.